Will Artificial Intelligence Replace SEO Writers?
“Welcome To Make It Loud! May I take your order?”
Will your local digital marketing nerd soon be replaced by some artificially intelligent robot? It’s the burning question in all our minds if not yours.
AI is making rapid strides in the field of natural language generation (NLG). Experts have projected that the global market value of AI software will reach $190 billion by 2025, which shows how much it’s growing and developing.
This significant growth in artificial intelligence has led some to speculate that this technology will eventually replace human workers in various industries, including writing for search engine optimization (SEO) and writers for other marketing copy. After all, if AI can generate realistic-sounding articles and web content, why would businesses need humans to do it?
I mean….eww…people. Worse yet, who wants to talk to digital marketing NERDS?
All valid questions, but it’s important to remember that AI is still in its early stages. While it has made great strides, there are still many limitations to what AI can do.
For example, AI can generate web content that is keyword-rich and error-free, but it often lacks the human creativity and insight that is needed to truly engage readers.
In addition, AI is not yet able to understand the complexities of human language. This means that it can’t always properly interpret user search queries and generate content that meets their needs. For now, SEO writers are still needed to create content that is both relevant and engaging.
But, that doesn’t mean there aren’t some really cool tools to play with.
What Are Language AI Tools?
Language AI tools are a type of software that uses artificial intelligence to generate text. These tools are often used for web content, product descriptions, Facebook ads, and other written materials. They typically involve massive datasets of human-generated text that the AI can learn from and mimic.
Some popular language AI tools include GPT-2, Botnik, and Quillbot. Their APIs allow them to be integrated into web platforms and content management systems. In other words, they are purchased by third-party vendors which streamline their service. Third-party vendors typically provide the service at a lower cost than if the customer were to purchase and maintain the code themselves.
In the case of GPT-3, for example, that dataset is so massive that no one PC can host it. This is because the training data is constantly being updated as new web content is published. For this reason, GPT-3 is only available as a cloud-based service.
What Is GPT-3?
A tool that was developed by Open AI, GPT-3 is one of the most advanced NLG tools available. The programming language for ai used with this tool is some of the most complex code written. It can generate realistic text in a variety of styles and tones.
To gain access to GPT-3, you can sign up with Open AI, but you’ll need to learn about their payment system. They use a token system and the prices range from $.0008/1k tokens to $.06/1k tokens. For 1,000 tokens, you can basically get a 750-word document.
Here are some AI-based writing tools you may want to experiment with.
Quill is an AI writing assistant that helps users edit and improve their writing. Focused on students mostly, it also offers a range of templates that users can follow to help them write better web content, product descriptions, and other types of text.
There are a variety of tools here that are free to play with. It’s worth spending some time experimenting and fine-tuning your sentences.
Jasper (formerly Jarvis) is an artificial intelligence writing tool that can help you write any type of content- blog posts, social media posts, website content, etc. The goal of this tool is to help you write content faster.
Basically, all you have to do is write a few blurbs and click a button and Jasper will pick up the thread and start writing. You can edit right on the site, write a few more sentences and click the button again. Jasper will create more content and so on.
This is one of the more robust writing tools out there for the average person to begin using in order to experience AI writing. As you can imagine, there are pros and cons of these tools.
Check out one of our earlier posts about Artificial Intelligence tools you can use.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Language AI Tools?
There are several benefits of using language AI tools, including:
- They can help you save time: If you’re a busy entrepreneur or content marketer, you likely don’t have a lot of spare time to write web copy or create other types of content. AI writing tools can help you save time by automating the content generation process. This is especially helpful if you need to generate a large amount of content quickly.
- You can use them to improve your website’s SEO: Language AI tools can help you generate keyword-rich content that will help improve your website’s search engine ranking.
- They can be integrated into web platforms: Some language AI tools come with APIs that allow them to be easily integrated into web platforms and content management systems.
- Cost savings: As mentioned earlier, AI tools can often be integrated into web platforms and content management systems or simply used online at a lower cost than if you were to purchase and maintain the code yourself.
- Improved consistency: If you need to generate a large amount of content regularly, AI writing tools can help you maintain consistency by ensuring that all of your content is error-free and keyword-rich.
Are There Any Downsides To Using Language AI Tools?
There are a few downsides to using language AI tools, including:
- Lack of creativity: While AI tools can generate error-free and keyword-rich content, they often lack the human creativity and insight that is needed to truly engage readers.
- They can’t always properly interpret user search queries: Due to their limitations in understanding human language, language AI tools sometimes struggle to properly interpret user search queries and generate content that meets their needs. This means you can get some pretty wonky ideas that don’t exactly “flow”.
- They are still in their early stages: Because AI is still in its early stages, there are often many limitations to what language AI tools can do. This means that they are not always able to produce the same quality of content as a human writer.
- Limited understanding of human language: Another downside of using AI writing tools is that they often have a limited understanding of human language. This means that they might not be able to properly interpret user search queries and generate content that meets their needs.
- They aren’t free: While language AI tools can save you time and money in the long run, they can be expensive to purchase and maintain.
Despite these downsides, language AI tools can still be a helpful addition to your content marketing strategy. If you’re short on time or need help generating consistent, high-quality content, they may be worth considering
The Future of SEO Writing
It’s quite possible that Google would love to put Hal from 2001 Space Odyssey in charge of search results. Having an AI “master” in charge of results would make things a lot easier for them, but something like that is still at least a couple of generations off. But, this all depends upon the speed of AI development. With the need for big data, it’s possible that software development may take us there sooner than that.
The idea of hiring one robot to work with another is intriguing though.
It’s impossible to say definitively whether or not AI will eventually replace human SEO writers. However, it seems unlikely that AI will completely take over this field anytime soon.
SEO excellence is still largely dependent on creativity, human insight, and an understanding of the ever-changing dynamics of search engine algorithms. While language AI tools can help with some aspects of SEO writing, they are unlikely to completely replace human writers soon.
Google search queries are becoming increasingly complex, and AI is still struggling to keep up. For AI to completely take over the field of SEO writing, it would need to become much better at understanding human language and user search queries. That said, Google ads are a good example of where AI has made significant progress in recent years. And when it comes to web design and agency services, it’s not hard to find examples of where AI is starting to make inroads.
Digital marketing, social media marketing, Google business profiles, and click funnels are all areas where AI is starting to play a larger role. While it may be some time before AI completely takes over the field of SEO writing, it’s clear that it is slowly but surely becoming more involved in many aspects of web design and digital marketing. Facebook advertising is a great example of where AI is already having a major impact.
In the future, we can expect AI to play an even bigger role in web design and digital marketing. As AI technology continues to improve, more and more businesses will likely start using AI to help with their content marketing efforts.
In the meantime, SEO writers can still take advantage of language AI tools to save time and improve the quality of their content. If you’re short on time or need help generating consistent, high-quality content, they may be worth considering.
By the way, this blog post was 100% written by a living, breathing person. A nerd, yes, but not any kind of artificially intelligent nerd.